Tuesday, January 3, 2012

End of year recap: 2011 in words

Here's what I wrote last year, in 2010, to start this lovely post...
"Okay, Last Year I wrote this as my introduction..... (NOW- 2 years ago)
"2009. Where did it go?
I have been asking myself this a lot lately. It seems I blinked and a whole year passed. But looking back on this year, it has been amazing and definitely one to remember.
.......
My year was so unpredictable yet perfectly planned. So perfectly planned that I was aware each day that no matter what I had decided, God had a plan that was going to happen. In the end, I was taught that no matter what, you have to trust in his plan, wear your heart on your sleeve, a smile on your face, and have no regrets, for everything happens for a reason.
I guess I should issue this....
WARNING: I am a very detailed individual and remember everything so beware of post length."
Well I must agree, I would say the same about this year. All of it except...
"2010. Where did it go?""

It still fits- so this year is "2011. Where did it go?" or shall I say where did I go...
I had no clue how to start this post. Then remembered, I had done it two years already and third time's a charm, right? What I didn't expect was to reread those first few lines and gain motivation from myself and the words I wrote when I was 22. Oh that girl, at times I wish I could be her again. As crazy as that sounds, she was ready to conquer the world and there was no stopping her. As I am looking back, I am learning from myself- as I strive to learn and improve each and every day; I am gaining/renewing my motivation to be the best I can be in every area of my life. It is a roller coaster world we live in with constant ups and downs plus inner emotional highs and lows mixed in on the ride. That's how I feel at the moment closing out the year.

So the recap: If we were playing the numbers game...
  • 2 would be the countries I spent time in. Jamaica for a March va-cay with my sister and of course USA. The fact that I have driven on both the left and the right side of the road this year introduced me to anxiety but improved my resume for "Amazing Race."
  • 3 beach trips (Jamaica, Destin, & Mexico Beach, Florida).
  • 3 bachelorette parties (Nashville, Destin, & Branson)
  • 4 the number of weddings I was in. Lacey & Brandon got married 1-1-11 in Little Rock and I had the honor to coordinate/plan Lacey's wedding as well as be a bridesmaid. Next was Amanda's big day marrying Bradley. I was a house attendant and did the flowers at her reception in May. Then June came Gail & Brenton's fairytale in Memphis where I was in the house party. Followed by Natalie and Ben's November wedding where I was Maid of Honor and got to help her in the planning process. I am so excited for these 4 couples and wish them all the success and love in their married life.
  • 6 contract jobs this year. So flash back to when I was 22 and getting out of college. Common rule is have 2 years of industry experience to do contract and travel event planning and management. I added that to my 2 year goal then and one of my favorite moments and a high of this year was achieving that. It led into 6 contract jobs this fall in Minneapolis, Green Bay, Boston, 2 in LA, and one in Little Rock with the same company that happens to have a base location in LR. Not only was it fun exploring and working in the different cities but working with fun people that make me laugh and are hard workers.
  • 24. Has a double standard. Turned 24 and completed coordination/design weddings for Young Designs at the end of 2011..24. Yes, 24 completely done and in the file as 'completed weddings.' Makes me feel like I have aged 5 years just thinking about it- and have gray hairs forming {kidding- but I might check in the morning}. As a business owner I am so blessed to do what I love on a daily basis. I was asked 'do you still love it' earlier this year and had to stop and think. Yes I do, but in a different way than the beginning. At times I have thought 'how do business owners have a heart.' I want to help and do and plan for everyone I meet and know- but in reality- I can't. I have to earn a living and stay true to the value of my business. I feel as though that is my greatest challenge as a business owner but it has shown me the greatest reward this year, in many ways and worked out for the best in each case.

Learned from this year, treasure it as a great one, and am able to put my best foot forward to position myself exactly where I am meant to be both personally, as a family member and friend, and professionally to start 2012 where I should. Happy New Year to you!
For 2010's summary click here
For 2009's summary click here

No comments:

Post a Comment