Saturday, February 6, 2010

NYC: Post 2


If you read my last post, NYC: Post 1 , you will remember me talking about Cafe Lalo. Well, on Wednesday, I went back for a snack and happened to snap a few pictures too! Allow me to introduce you to Cafe Lalo:

Isn't it gorgeous?

Wednesday evening, I walked from the Upper West side (82nd Street) down to Columbus Circle to meet my cousin, Chandra, for dinner.
Chandra gave me a personal tour of the CNN office at Columbus Circle. I was able to see where all of the shows are taped and produced there. She is one of the producers for CNN's American Morning. (If you are up that early, watch her show!) She introduced me to a few of her co-workers too. After my tour, we went to a great restaurant in the Time Warner Center.

Thursday, I explored the big city.....by bus! I headed south to the financial district, down Broadway thru: Columbus Circle, Time Square, Penn Station, Madison Square Garden, Canal Street, Tribecca, then Battery Park.

Why? To meet my sister off Wall Street for lunch. I met my sister, Ameilia and Mike, one of her coworkers, at a cafe. Then headed back up the east side to 5th Avenue. On my agenda for the afternoon was this:
to go ice skating in Central Park!!!!
It is one of my favorite things to do in NYC in the winter time. I considered it "working out" for the day!

That evening, I went to a pottery "byob" class with my sister and her friends! Here is Aimee painting away on her mug.
Pictured below: The girls lost in conversation! They are having to mail me my "to-go" cup so I will post the finished product when it arrives in Arkansas!
After painting pottery, we headed to Hi-Life for dinner. We visited until the early hours of the morning and had such a wonderful evening. It was a great way to wrap up my week in New York. Next stop...California!

No comments:

Post a Comment