Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas to All...


Merry, Merry Christmas!!! I hope everyone has had a wonderful time celebrating the birth of Jesus with family and friends. I am reminded each Christmas how blessed we are, and this season was no different. I finally realized Christmas was here this week! I really feel as if it snuck up on me! I hope everyone was able to relax and truly enjoy Christmas this year!

Here is how I spent Christmas 2009!
Christmas Eve began with my sister and Uncle Duane fighting over MY leftover pancakes at my grandparents house! : ) It really was the funniest thing EVER!

Once my Dad got off work, we loaded up the car and headed to Heber Springs, Arkansas for Christmas Eve at Meemaw's house!
Throughout the past 2 days, Central Arkansas has received over 9 inches of rain, so the lake was very muddy! However, we loved being able to make the trip up to Meemaw's house! We decided once we all got in, to just stay put for the night! Right after we got there, guess who arrived...?
Uncle AL! (The One and Only : ) )
Here is Aimee posing by Meemaw's Christmas tree!
And Dad looking over the "appetizers"...
Momma and Meemaw getting busy in the Kitchen...
and of course the Young Brothers!
While we were waiting for Meemaw's feast to be ready, we took a quick trip outside for some Christmas Eve pictures! Thankfully, it stopped raining for 5 minutes for us to snap some pics!


Then Meemaw opened up one of her presents! Her Christmas apron was very appropriate for our "head chef!" I just LOVE her!!! (Check out the paintings she did, behind her!!!)
We had a great night, eating and watching movies, while staying warm!!
When we woke up, it was CHRISTMAS morning! We had breakfast and headed for a mini-adventure!!! Here is Meemaw riding shotgun!
....to see the trumpet swans! They have come to Heber Springs for at least the last 4 years! (We have seen them, don't worry!)
Ohh and remember that rain I was talking about.....Check out the flooding on a street in Meemaw's Neighborhood. The lake was definitely overflowing today!
Next Stop was Maumelle, Arkansas!!!! We left Heber and headed back to cook some side dishes and celebrate "our" Christmas!!! Here is Momma with her new earrings! (Santa thought she had been VERY VERY VERY good this year!!!)
Daddy opening his presents!!!
Mils with her presents!!!
And me with a few of my presents too!!! (keep in mind it was still early and we hadn't gotten ready for the day!)

We finished getting ready, and headed over to my grandparents house in Maumelle for Christmas dinner!!! Here is Becky, with her 3 grand babies ....


The three Grandchildren!!
Time to open presents.....we couldn't find one with my name for the pic : ( ...Guess I wasn't very good this year! JK
After we stuffed ourselves, it was time to open presents!!! Here is the family!
LOVE THEM ALL!
Becky got us Peacoats for Christmas! Thanks Becky!!!
Duane LOVED his two pink nieces posing with him!!!
And we even snagged this one of the couch crew! Leah, Dad, and Becky!!!
I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! God bless each and every one of you this year!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL and to ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment