Sunday, August 15, 2010

Romans 8:28


Oh how this scripture explains my night tonight.
I climbed in bed about 3 hours ago to finish watching Remember The Titans (thanks ABC Family) after my dad bailed out on me to go to bed.
{Quick sidenote: this got me so ready for Hog football ha}
When it got over-I was wide awake. Body exhausted from this weekend, but my mind racing.
I decided I had a few "not-fun" tasks for Young Designs I needed to do, so I figured why not knock them out tonight and make Monday a fun-task day!
But first, I was missing something/needed some help- So I opened by Beth Moore Bible study book "Living beyond yourself" and happened to stumble across this statement:
"How often, in the midst of a trial have we all said, "I don't know how any good will ever come from this one." Yet, have we ever lost our entire fortune, all of our children, and our health? In the midst of circumstances which continually testified that nothing good could ever be obtained, Job persevered, fueled by his hope that, "when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold." ...Job placed his hope in the truth expressed in Romans 8:28 long before it was ever written!"
As soon as I read this, I felt like it was exactly what I needed to hear. Besides everything picking up personally with work, I have some prayer requests for you all.

Remember my post about our Mexico Beach Family reunion?

Well I would love it if you could keep these two in your prayers, sweet Aunt Rachel & Uncle Herbert!
Love this picture of Uncle Herbert waving at the beach.
These two have been on my mind constantly today, and would love your prayers. Uncle Herbert was admitted in the hospital Saturday in Nashville. He has a really bad infection, possibly septic, we are waiting for the results to get back. Please pray that the antibiotics are working for him and for strength and patience. He has been out of it and confused while at the hospital and not had much mobility in his legs. Luckily he was able to walk on the walker today with the physical therapist. Aunt Rachel and Uncle Herbert are the oldest Whitt's and adored by the entire family. We all are thinking and praying for them, and love them dearly.

Also, Lacey's future brother-in-law, Logan who is 13, had to be Med Flighted to AR Children's Hospital late this evening. He is experiencing kidney failure due to dehydration that put him in the hospital on Friday. He is in ICU at children's. Due to fluid in his lungs, his heart is enlarged, she just informed me he is going to be on dialysis till 2:15am. Bless his little heart, I can't imagine what he is going through right now. She asked for prayers that swelling & fluid goes down for him. Also for both the Tankersley/Johnson families that are up there right now.

While we are at it, add Mrs. Vickie Tankersley to your list, she starts her 6 months of chemo this Thursday. She is a fighter, and I know she will get through this.

Thank you for your prayers! Feel free to add yours in the comment box if you have someone you would like me to keep in mind. And remember have hope and trust in Romans 8:28. The man upstairs does have a plan for each and every one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment