Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Year Ago

A Year Ago.

A year ago, I was a single 22 year old girl who was headed out to
Hollywood.
I wasn't going out west to "make-it" as most whom are there, I was going for an experience. To gain knowledge about an industry that I had a passion for. A year ago, I made this blog to keep family and friends updated on my life. Most of all to record my travels, journey and experiences in California.
Little did I know, California would be where I called home the next 3.5 months. So worth it. 10 miles from the Santa Monica Pier and the Pacific Ocean. {Ahh makes me want to hop on a plane right now.}

The reason for this post is, everyday is a step in "my" climb. The title of my blog. The past year has been one of great growth for me, personally and professionally- it is documented here. Which I am so thankful for.

A year ago- I had no clue what to expect. No clue what to think. No clue where I would be in a few months. Absolutely no idea what the future held in the next year. Now. I see it. I see how God worked and weaved every moment that went into the last year of my life and see how it was part of his plan for me, now.

A year ago, I was at the bottom of the mountain, taking baby steps. 8 Months ago, I had taken the next step and moved back to Arkansas. Today. I am still climbing the beginning slopes of the mountain, with lots to learn ahead. The climb holds challenges and fears, some that I have overcome over the last year. But it also holds excitement and accomplishment. I feel it.

Little did I know, a year ago, I would be about to kick off Young Designs Fall wedding season, participate in my third bridal show, and have opportunities knocking on my door. I am so thankful for this last year. The lessons learned. The blessings received. The friends I have met. The experiences I have made.

The climb is not over, it is still in the early stages. The blog isn't over, it is picking back up, and I am so excited about what year two on the blog will look like, include, and document.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing how fast a year goes by and how much a person can do! Great post and good luck in the rest of your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete