Sunday, March 14, 2010

Today: Includes my new fav recipe!

Hope you enjoyed "Springing" forward this morning!! Today has been a super random day and I HAVE to share.

Today's Post:
  • Volleyball Tournament
  • Field Trip with Mom
  • CHICKEN CURRY SALAD RECIPE (that you DO NOT want to miss)
This morning started at the Statehouse Convention Center to cheer on Hayley's team. They played at 8am and won. Then played immediately after that game. The second game didn't go the way we would have hoped. The other team won the first and third matches to advance. BUT, I must brag on my little cousin. She didn't miss a serve all weekend long (and played the entire time in every match)!!! That is HUGE!!! SO proud of you darling!!! Love ya!

Field Trip: After the games, Dad flew to California so he could play Pebble Beach this week, so mother and I went to one of our favorite breakfast spots, Ozark Mountain Smokehouse. We were debating which tasks we wanted to complete today, and decided to go on a field trip. To Lake Village, Arkansas (2 hours away). We wanted to go to Paul Michaels and see what all they had. So we headed out. Had LOTS of luck getting decor items for a few clients and the house (pics to come!). Overall, we really just had a blast today taking it easy! We got home this evening late and I decided I wanted to make this.....

CHICKEN CURRY SALAD SANDWICH:

I am/was obsessed with Urth Cafe in LA. I loved their chicken curry salad sandwich, and haven't found anywhere in Little Rock with it. Well tonight I attempted to make my own version at 9pm. Yes I know, eat dinner earlier. How was it? Best thing EVER!! So much so, that I immediately had to share it with you. I am a picky eater, but LOVE this with a passion.
Ingredients: (Feel free to substitute for taste)
  • Chop up some Chicken (I just used a Kroger rotisserie chicken because it was so late, but you can used grilled chicken or boiled, or whatever you have at your house, Tyson, Georges, etc.)
Make the dressing first, blend together in a bowl.
  • 2 cups of Mayo
  • 1/2 cup of chutney
  • 3 tablespoons of mild curry powder
Then add in the following ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 cup of golden raisins
  • 3/4 cup of celery (chopped)
  • 1/2 of a medium white onion (chopped)
  • (If you desire, add any of the following: cranberries, apples, crushed almonds, etc.)
Mix it all together...
Place on a bed of lettuce for a salad OR buy some tasty bread and add a layer of spring mix lettuce with the chicken curry salad. I suggest the latter. (And ta Da!!!) It is fabulous with a side salad and glass of sweet tea. Sweet tea, not pictured.
And the best part is, there is enough for multiple people or multiple meals, your choice.

Hope everyone had the best Sunday ever. Love you blog readers and wish you a wonderful week!

1 comment: