Sunday, October 17, 2010

Race For the Cure

Saturday Morning, bright and early, 46,000 people participated in Little Rock's Susan G. Komen Race For the Cure. I was lucky to be one of them. It is such a fun, uplifting event that captures downtown Little Rock every year. A group of us did the 5K in honor of Mrs. Vickie Tankersley, one of my dear friends, Lacey's mom who is in the middle of her chemo treatments. I also walked in honor of my grandmother, who was just diagnosed with stage 1, breast cancer. It is crazy to me, how many women have gone through treatments and survived this horrible disease. I just love the race because I think it helps give this women strength and motivation to keep going, no matter what stage they are in.

Enough of my "blabbing" let's get to the party pics :)
Sweet Shelby and I!

After the 5K, we cheered Mrs. Vickie on in the Survivors Race!! She is in the middle, wearing the blue long-sleeve shirt!
The Tankersley Family
Lauren, Lacey, Me
Love her!!
And of course her!! We even did some wedding planning while waiting at I-Hop!! She is just 2.5 months away from being a "Mrs."!!
Together: We can all find a cure; and fight for one!
Check your area for Race dates! I highly recommend doing it. Such a wonderful cause and event.

Plus great fun, hanging out with wonderful friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment