Monday, August 17, 2009

Hi!!! From Santa Monica...

After a busy week, I was ready to be lazy!!! Sunday, after sleeping in, I headed out for Lunch at Houston's! It is a chain restaurant that I love to eat at in Memphis, Tennessee, and to my surprise I found one in Santa Monica.

After "Pigging out" on dips (literally.... I went through 2 bowls of chips by myself with Spinach dip and salsa, then my food came : ) I walked down to the beach to lay out. It was so nice outside, and I used this time to catch up on phone calls since it is against the law to talk on the phone while driving. Just as I was dosing off I heard this.....
...and a lifeguard telling everyone to watch out. I looked up from my towel and discovered I was surrounded by two of these lovely trucks (this one 2 ft. from me). Then I noticed about 20 feet in front of me, a man could not stand up and kept collapsing. I thought he was dehydrated. One of the lifeguards walked by and I offered him my un-opened bottle of water. He informed me that I could keep my water because the guy was "messed up on something"(drugs) and the police were on there way. The man and his friend began stumbling off. Then two police 4-wheelers chased them down, followed by a police truck and car. All on the sand. Needless to say, I was wide awake then and figured it was time to call it a day. However, it was a great reminder to me that crazy people are out there and to be extremely careful! As I was watching all of this, my inner "kid" self made this...

Hope Everyone Has A Wonderful Week! Hi from Santa Monica Beach!

1 comment:

  1. Be safe out there. Don't share your water bottles with anyone risky. Remember your goal is to have a blast, then to come back to the South safely. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete