Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sunday 8/8/09...a Day to Remember!!! Post 2

As you probably can tell from reading "Sunday 8/8/09 Post 1" (below on the blog...read before you continue on this post! So you can catch up.) I was ready to go to the "Summer Under the Stars Concert" at the LA Greek Theatre! I found out about this concert listening to Country 105.1 (the only LA Country Radio Station) on my way to work. It sounded like fun, so I bought a ticket Saturday to see The Eli Young Band, Jack Ingram, and Rodney Atkins in Concert. I LOVE concerts, especially outdoor ones, so I was very excited I could fit this in my schedule. When I first got to the Greek theatre, I knew I liked LA concerts right away. I treated myself to this yummy "Maui Sunset" Strawberry/Raspberry Smoothie w/ a kick. haha Isn't it cute? They even put umbrellas in them!
Next, I listened to the "Pre-Concert" Band which happened to be Team Rodeo, featuring Dean Brody (sings the song "Brothers"). It was so nice and relaxing, and the best thing was... I felt right at home : ) After the long day, this was exactly what I needed! But it gets better...
After they played, Dean Brody was signing autographs and taking pictures at the Country 105.1 tent. I figured I might as well get in line while I was waiting for the concert...I mean why not? Right? The guy behind me in line said he would take a picture for me when we got closer, then suggested I get a picture with the guy who was playing the guitar. So I did...and started talking to Trey who is originally from JONESBORO, ARKANSAS!!! (Side note: I have family that lives there & my parents are from there) He was my new best friend : ) lol While we were chatting, one of the radio co-host asked if anyone around the tent was from Arkansas. I of course raised my hand and gave him my name....and was the WINNER of FLOOR TICKETS!!!!!!!!! I was SO excited, I never win anything!!! My Day was officially SO MUCH Better!!! Here is me with the Radio Co-hosts getting my tickets....
Here is me with Dean Brody (left) and Trey (right)! Such sweet Southern Boys : ) who sounded wonderful too...
The Eli Young Band.....Jack Ingram....
Mr. Rodney Atkins....This was by far one of my most memorable concerts and days. It is one that I will always remember and treasure. It had ups and downs, stressful and exciting moments, and was one that I can look back on and smile about (yes even the car breaking down I can laugh at now). After the 4 hour concert, it was time to call it a night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment