Thursday, August 13, 2009

Trip to the Flower Market

Monday and Tuesday of this week, I had the opportunity to work with TFS Studio! Tuesday morning, I met Clifford and Brandon at the office early to go to the Los Angeles "Flower Market!" Above is a picture of a mural outside the main warehouse, inside the vendors have all types of fun flowers! It was so much fun getting to see the variety of flowers! There were so many tropical flowers that I didn't even know existed! Below is a view of one part of the warehouse. I also loved the orchids, which were fabulous. One of the reasons we went to the flower market was to get gerber daisy's for a client. We got 3 different types of Gerber Daisy's for the arrangement. You do not get the full "gerber daisy" effect from the picture...just so you know!
Here is a closer look at them...

By the way...this was the first arrangement that I got to do!!!! Hope you like it : ) Hopefully the client will love it for her birthday!!! Later in the day, we went to the Fabric Market!!! Lets just say, I could go crazy in there!!! So many warehouses full of spools of fabric....I'm ready to learn how to upholster...Leah get ready : )

2 comments:

  1. Shawna,

    I LOVED reading your blog tonight and getting all caught up on your adventures! I am SO proud of you, and so happy for you. It sounds like you are having an amazing time and making the most of every day you have there! Good for you! Love ya!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you Stacey!!! I'm so fortunate to have this opportunity : ) It really is one of the best experiences ever, and I have only been here for a week and a half! Love you! Hope y'all are doing fantastic! Keep checking in, I am trying to post as much as possible to help me remember everything too!Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete