Tuesday, January 12, 2010

TSE: Day 2

Trying to sum up this day is hard! So many wonderful things have happened!

Time to jump in to the details:
I started off the morning learning "it's all about relationships."
This is such a true statement and has been reiterated through out the day! The first class I attended was Audrey's Art of the "Schmooze":Relationship Building at it's Best seminar. She had the following guest speakers: Nick Gentile (AOO Events), Sarah Lowy (Jowy Productions), and Ken Kristofferson (Experiential Events (in Canada!)). Audrey also had a panel of her "VIP" friends that gave feedback throughout the seminar (my friend Dave Merrell was one of them). They all did an excellent job!

Then I headed to "The Art of Floral" workshop! It was from 10am-3pm! I loved participating in the hands on activities and getting to play with all of the flowers pictured below!
We had about 15 people in this workshop, which I LOVED! It allowed Gene Huddleson, CEO of Detail & Design to interact with all of us. I meet Sheila from Atlanta and we were "floral" buddies for the class! Here is us with Gene!
Here are some sneak peaks of our floral arrangements....


At the workshop, I met a event producer from Bermuda, Atlanta, and Destin, Florida! A few of us grabbed lunch, then the last hour of our workshop we worked at the TSE Wedding lunch set-up!!!
One of the aspects of this event that I LOVE, is getting experience and gaining knowledge about each part of the industry. I concluded the "learning part" of day at Maggie O'Neill's "One Size Does Not Fit All" seminar. Here we focused on the "brand" and key marketing principles when dealing with the industry, and clients' events.

After regrouping at the hotel, I met Courtney for dinner. (Small world: Courtney works in Pittsburgh for the client who's event I helped out with in October. We met in Pittsburgh, and then reconnected yesterday on the airport shuttle, and made the connection that we had both worked at that event! And met up for dinner tonight!)

Tonight's event was the TSE Starts Here! Think Cocktail party, 2 bands, great food, and an AMAZING venue and.... that was the event, oh and throw in fun people too!! I met so many people tonight! AND I owe a big thank you to David Merrell, Nick, Sarah, and Audrey for introducing me to key individuals in the industry.
We even had a little fun too : )
Goofing off....we all three got these done! LOL
AND the most EXCITING NEWS OF ALL....thanks to Mrs. Audrey (whom I love DEARLY) I am seating with at the VIPs(and several nominees) table for the industry's most prestigious awards Gala on Friday night! AND attending the celebration gala after party with them! Audrey, David, and Nick have been taking care of me ever since I arrived in New Orleans! Audrey and David have been in the industry 25+ years each and have been coming to TSE since the beginning!! They know EVERYONE and are pretty much celebs here (seriously). Also, group pic from the night...coming on Sunday, camera cord is in Maumelle : ( And now, I'm calling it a night to get 5.5 hours of sleep before my wake up call comes! Goodnight from New Orleans!

No comments:

Post a Comment