Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I survived my first 17 hour work day!! YAY!

Thursday August 20 was super busy, but a day I will definitely remember from my internship! My check in time was 7:30am in Burbank for the set-up/tweaking of the Emmy Governor's Ball press preview. Then the preview was from 9-11 am, and looked fabulous (pictures on an earlier post, check it out). Then preparation was going into a wedding in Malibu. The wedding was atop on of the mountains overlooking the canyons and ocean at a family friend of the brides home. It was a stunning outdoor ceremony and reception produced by Jowy Productions. I helped Joey and Sarah out until break down at 12:30am. They did a fantastic job on every detail, and Sarah just so happens to be a Kappa sister!!! This event was great with a fire pit for guests to relax around, a sundae bar, lighting in the trees, and an energetic crowd. I had so much fun working with these ladies and there staff, as well as the Images by lighting crew.
The florist had candles in the trees, but there were also area lights in the trees, Lekos projecting a gobo on the dance floor, and uplights in the shrubs.


One thing that I really enjoy about my internship is getting to interact with so many vendors and producers in the industry. Halfway through my internship, I am a firm believer in the learning advantages of a shared internship program vs. a single company in the event industry. It is SOOOO great getting to learn and see a variety of aspects that go into planning an event. Whether it is a scheduled meeting going over agendas, prospecting new clients, completing and analyzing RFPs, or planning out budgets, so much goes into making a successful event.


No comments:

Post a Comment