Thursday, November 19, 2009

Headed back South

As most of you know, I am back in Arkansas!!!! Why? You will have to wait for my next post to find out...

Thursday, November 12, I left LA and began the 26 hour journey back to Arkansas. The journey was BEAUTIFUL!!! And actually went by pretty fast.

I left LA looking at the ocean driving down the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway)....
And drove 4 hours to Las Vegas to pick up my sweet Momma from the airport! We then went over to Harrah's and had some Starbucks : )
And met up with my Great-Aunt, my mom's aunt, Aunt Linda, who just happened to be in Vegas working that week! We were so excited she was there. We had a fun girls night in Vegas! After a great dinner at the Oyster Bar (in Harrah's), we walked along the strip, and even did a little shopping! Here is us in Caesar's Palace...
We gambled just a little, didn't win much/didn't lose much, then went to the Piano Bar in Harrah's to enjoy a little music! You should have seen these two when Tina Turner's "Rolling On The River" was being played! They definitely are two fun ladies : ) And lucky for me, genes run good in the family. Aunt Linda and I got to witness my mother being "hit on," and yes, we were the two rolling laughing against the wall, as this guy was using a pick-up line on my married mother! He wanted to "take her on a journey" LOL she quickly informed him she was married! Such a fun night! My Mom and I were so glad we got to see Aunt Linda too!!!
Friday, we headed towards the Hoover Dam...isn't this view gorgeous!?! We had a little traffic while we were waiting to go through the security check point!
Check out the Bridge they are building over the Hoover Dam!

Once we got to Kingston, Arizona, we hopped on the "noun" (person, place, thing) that knows me the best.....Interstate-40 for 1,400 miles crossing into New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas!It really was such a fun trip! My Mom and I got into Arkansas Saturday night right as the Razorback game was coming on the radio! So the last 2 hours of our ride were very enjoyable, as the Hogs were working hard to beat Troy and become Bowl eligible!!!

Thank you Mom for driving back with me. I had so much fun with you! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment